This module (1) extends from Week 1 into Week 2.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Summarize instructor’s background, course content topics, and course expectations
- Describe the overall course design
- Access course materials
- Created an individual CI Keys account
- Describe two models of case management
- Identify the value of evidence based practice in nursing
- Summarize vulnerable populations in California related to healthcare issues or access to care
- Morton Chapters 1 – 4
- Article: Lear, J. Changing your case management model.
- UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations – Select ‘Program Areas’ and ‘Diseases and Conditions’
Classroom Learning Activities
- Course Overview
- Group Topic Sign Ups
- Orientation to CI Keys
- Case Management Discussion
Why I Want To Be A Nurse
Click on the presentation below. Use the arrow to click to the next slide and follow the instructions. To edit the presentation click the “options” wheel at the bottom.
- Create CI Keys Account (guided in class)
- Go to Lynda.com (Access through MyCI) and find a video to support your comfort using WordPress (Check out other stuff too!)
- Create a post (blog) that includes what you like or dislike so far about the course
- Add your CI Keys URL to this google doc (The link is http://tinyurl.com/nrs420url)