This FINAL module is a review of Neuro and introduces care of the critical care Neuro patient.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe acute and chronic conditions related to neurological care including pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, etiology and contributing factors, sequelae and progression, and goals of nursing management
- Compare and contrast acute versus chronic disease illness related to the care of the neuro patient
- Identify key nursing management strategies for neuro patients
- Categorize appropriate nursing care planning (assessment, diagnosis, goals, interventions, evaluation) related to care of the neuro patient in critical care.
- Morton Chapter 21-23
Classroom Learning Activities
- Guest Lecture: Past CI graduate Lauren Fink, RN, BSN, Surgical ICU Cottage Health Care System
- 1:30 – 2:50 pm ATI Proctored Comprehensive Medical Surgical Exam
Final Reflection and Blog: You choose the topic and the direction as long as it relates to your learning in this course or related to critical care in some way. LAST homework… FINAL assigned blog!