This module began Week 2 through Week 4 covering Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular issues and topics.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe acute and chronic cardiac conditions including pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, etiology and contributing factors, sequelae and progression, and goals of nursing management
- Compare and contrast acute versus chronic disease illness related to hemodynamic stability and cardiovascular function
- Identify key nursing management strategies for patients with cardiovascular dysfunction
- Categorize appropriate nursing care planning (assessment, diagnosis, goals, interventions, evaluation) related to the patient with cardiovascular dysfunction
- Morton Chapters 9, 11, 14
Classroom Learning Activities
- Career Center Guests Amanda Carpenter and Patty Dang
- Cardiovascular continued, EKG interpretation focus and discussion
- Hemodynamic Monitoring continued
- To Code or Not To Code (post discussion blog to consider/read)
Find a webpage, article, or resource focused on newest technology, trends, or procedures related to cardiovascular health. Blog your opinions and thoughts about what you find!